Best Betting Sites UK
At Best Betting Sites our reviewers have sought out the very best online betting sites for the UK market. We felt that rather than bombard you with a large number of sites (some of which are utter tosh), why not narrow down the options and just bring you the best of the best. So we totted up the pro’s, marked down the con’s and came up with this list of top notch bookies.
In the table below you will find our current top ten betting sites. For more recommended sites along with details of the introductory betting promotions that they offer, visit our free bets page.
Top 10 UK Betting Sites & Bookmakers
|Bet £5 & Get a £20 Free Bet||Regular offers, a massive football jackpot & deposit via Coral shops.|
|100% up to £200||Plus live streaming and tons of regular offers. Huge range of markets.|
|Bet £10 Get £20 Free||Free bet + free spins. Loyalty program & free weekly football jackpot.|
|£200 Deposit Bonus||Regular reload bonuses & coverage of over 150 football leagues.|
|Bet £10 Get £60||Fantastic football odds, with a best price guarantee on accas.|
|£50 Matched Bet||Great all rounder. Regular price boosts & cash out via Ladbrokes shops.|
|Bet £5 Get £20 + £5 Every Week||Weekly free bet, easy to use site and offers every weekend.|
|Treble Odds on First Bet||Long established online bookie with plenty of regular offers.|
|£50 Deposit Bonus||Loyalty program, big stats database and good variety of offers.|
|Bet £10, Get £60||Wide range of moneyback specials. Plus regular giveaways & bonuses.|
It probably doesn’t come as a huge shock to find that the top 5 list found above is dominated by the big UK high street brands. These guys have been around for many many years and have spent that time battling with each other to become the ‘top dog’, resulting in better odds, websites and features for us.
But that doesn’t mean that you have to stick the the old school bookies in order to find yourself a quality site to bet on – new websites spring up all the time, and because they’re competing with the big boys they often have to pull out all of the stops to get noticed.
In the next section you’ll find our top 3 new betting sites (or rather, new compared to the ones listed above). All of them have gone above and beyond to provide a truly competitive product and are well worth checking out – so if you’re looking for somewhere new to bet, try one of the following.
New Betting Sites For 2017
|100% up to £50||£50 sports bonus plus a futher £200 in casino bonuses.|
|Bet £10 Get £40 Free||New independent bookie featuring multiple weekly free bets.|
|Regular Offers||Regular offers on most major sports including golf, tennis & darts.|
|£50 Welcome Bonus||Accepts bitcoin. Plus lots of competitions with high value prizes.|
We’re classifying the websites listed in the table above as new bookmakers. Now this doesn’t necessarily mean they only launched last week, rather that they’re not as established as the bookies in our top 10. It could also include gambling sites who have recently added a sportsbook to their portfolio of products, despite their other products having been around for much longer.
Despite being including as one of the new kids on the block, you may recognise one of the names in the list as being fairly old – Vernons have been in the betting business for decades and have operated the football pools under the name ‘Vernons’ since 1925. Whilst they launched their online product a few years ago, they’re still relatively unknown – hence including them here. Of particular interest is the fact that they run plenty of offers on a wide range of sports (not just football) including tennis, golf and cricket.
Sports Betting Guides
Each betting site listed on this site may have an area or sport in which they particularly excel (or are weak in). For this reason we also make specific recommendations based on sport, cutting down the field even more so that you can find the right bookie for what you want to bet on.
- Football Betting – All UK bookies will have a strong football focus, but that doesn’t make them equal. We guide you through the top 3 football betting sites and show you where to find the best football odds, footie promotions and even free live streaming football.
- Horse Racing – Want to know the best places for betting on the horses? Check out our guide to the creme de la creme of racing focused bookies. Including who has the best odds and racing promotions, and where to find the best live horse racing streaming service.
- Other Sports – Footie and Racing are the biggest sports in the UK when it comes to betting turnover, but we’ve also compiled similar guides other topics, including Tennis, American Football and Snooker. See the relevant page for a full run down, including the best bookmakers for each sport, the types of bets you want to be considering and what rules you should be aware of when placing your wagers.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that you need answering about betting, then head over to our FAQ section where we cover some of the more common things that people ask us – including topics such as odds, void bets and even how to bet online without a bank account. We also get into the nitty gritty with questions relating to gambling law, taxes and identification requirements.
We add new articles to this section all the time, but if there’s something you need answering that we haven’t already covered then feel free to drop us a line and our experts will do their best to fill you in.
What Makes A Good Betting Site
So how do we pick the bookmakers that make it into this site? We take a variety of factors into account (listed below in no particular order) which we look at in combination with each other. In the majority of cases they betting sites should tick all of the boxes to some degree, however we may lists sites which lack in certain aspects if they excel in others – see each bookmakers review for full details.
- Odds – First and foremost we look at the odds as any betting site worth its salt will be competitive in its prices. Some of the betting sites will offer better odds than others on particular markets – in particular, BetVictor have had the best overall football odds for the last two seasons. Peer-to-peer betting exchanges often have better odds than traditional bookmakers, but this comes at the cost of some features (namely multiple and accumulator bets) and the frequency of promotions.
- Markets – Having great odds doesn’t mean squat if they’re not on the events you want to bet on. So we look at the number and availability of markets that the site offers – in diversity, variety and number.
- Useability – Any decent betting site should be easy to use. The best betting sites feature intuitive layouts that enable you to place your bets quickly and easily.
- Features – Various features are more important to some punters than others, and we try to take this into account accordingly. Features we particularly look for include mobile betting capabilities, banking methods, in-play betting and live streaming feeds.
- Promotions & Offers – We look at the frequency and value of promotions, but not just for new customers – we also look at the ongoing promotions and specials that the site offers its existing customers. Most of the sites we list offer promotions such as cash back specials, enhanced odds, free bets, betting bonuses, accumulator bonuses and so on… A small number of betting sites even offer loyalty points or bonuses to reward you for every bet you make.
Latest Betting Tips
In our betting blog we provide tips and analysis of upcoming sporting events. There is a heavy focus on football betting in our tips, but we also cover F1, Tennis, Boxing, Rugby and pretty much anything else you can think of from time to time, especially around larger events
Note: For obvious reasons we only show the most recent posts here. To check our results or read more of our blog posts, see our archives – you can find links to these in the sidebar of every page.