In this next section we’ll cover some of the more commonly asked questions about betting, including topics such as how betting odds work, why you need to send in ID to a bookie, and what you should do if you thinking you’re betting too much.
To help you find the answer you’re looking for, we’ve split the questions into various categories:
General Betting Questions
- Why Do I Have To Provide Identification At An Online Betting Site?
- What Should I Do If I Think I Have A Gambling Problem?
- Is Online Betting Legal/Safe?
- Is It Possible To Make a Living From Sports/Football Betting?
- What is the Difference Between a Bookmaker/Sportsbook and a Betting Exchange?
Financial & Account Questions
- Do I Have To Pay Tax On Gambling Winnings?
- Can I Bet Online Without A Bank Account?
- Do I Have To Declare Gambling Winnings To The Tax Man?
- What Happens If A Bookmaker Goes Out Of Business?
Placing Bets & Betting Odds
- How Do Betting Odds Work?
- What Is Handicap Betting?
- What Is A Lucky 15/31/63?
- What Is Ante Post Betting?
- Can You Bet On Amateur Sports?
- Can You Bet On Yourself Or Someone You Know?
- Do All Bookies Offer The Same Number of Places on a Race/Tournament/Event?
- What is the Difference Between Betting Limits and Payout Limits?
- Can I Cancel A Bet After It Has Been Placed?
- What Happens To My Bet If An Event Is Postponed Or Cancelled?
- What Happens Where There's A Dead Heat/Tie?
- What Is a Void Bet?
- Can A Bookmaker Refuse To Pay A Winning Bet?
- What Happens If A Result Changes After A Bet Has Been Settled?
- What Happens To A Bet If A Match Turns Out To Be Fixed?
- What Is Rule 4 In Horse Racing?
- What Does SP/Starting Price Mean?
- What Is Best Odds Guaranteed?
- Is Horse Racing Fixed?
- What is Totepool Betting?
- How to Read Horse Racing Form
- How Do Horse Racing Grades, Groups and Classes Work?
We’ll be adding more questions and useful guides to this section over the coming months, but in the mean time if you have a specific query which we haven’t answered feel free to get in touch and we’ll do our best to help you out!