In this next section we’ll cover some of the more commonly asked questions about betting, including topics such as how betting odds work, why you need to send in ID to a bookie, and what you should do if you thinking you’re betting too much.
To help you find the answer you’re looking for, we’ve split the questions into various categories:
General Betting Questions
- Why Do I Have To Provide Identification At An Online Betting Site?
- What Should I Do If I Think I Have A Gambling Problem?
- Is Online Betting Legal/Safe?
- Is It Possible To Make a Living From Sports/Football Betting?
- What is the Difference Between a Bookmaker/Sportsbook and a Betting Exchange?
- Do Betting Systems Work?
- How Old Do You Need to Be to Bet Online?
- What Does Suspended Mean in Betting?
- Is Cash Out Worth Taking?
- Is It Worth Betting Each Way?
- What Is Acca Insurance?
- Is There a Gambling Ombudsman?
- What Is Implied Probability?
Financial & Account Questions
- Do I Have To Pay Tax On Gambling Winnings?
- Can I Bet Online Without A Bank Account?
- Do I Have To Declare Gambling Winnings To The Tax Man?
- What Happens If A Bookmaker Goes Out Of Business?
- How Do I Complain About a Bookmaker/Betting Site?
- Why Has My Betting Account Been Limited?
- Can You Bet Online with a Credit Card?
- How Do You Set a Deposit Limit at a Bookie?
- Which Betting Sites Accept a £5 Deposit?
- How Do I Self Exclude From a Betting Site?
- What Is A Palpable Error?
- What Happens When a Bookies Licence is Suspended?
Placing Bets & Betting Odds
- How Do Betting Odds Work?
- What Is Handicap Betting?
- What Is A Lucky 15/31/63?
- What Is Ante Post Betting?
- Can You Bet On Amateur Sports?
- Can You Bet On Yourself Or Someone You Know?
- Do All Bookies Offer The Same Number of Places on a Race/Tournament/Event?
- What is the Difference Between Betting Limits and Payout Limits?
- How Do Bookmakers Make Money?
- What Does Hedging Your Bets Mean?
- How Do Accumulators Affect the Bookie’s Margins?
- How Do You Play the Lottery at the Bookies?
- What Does Odds On Mean?
- How Do You Place a Bet Online? A Step by Step Guide
- Accumulators Explained: What is an Acca Bet?
- How Do Back-to-Lay & Lay-to-Back Work in Betting?
- Can I Cancel A Bet After It Has Been Placed?
- What Happens To My Bet If An Event Is Postponed Or Cancelled?
- What Happens Where There's A Dead Heat/Tie?
- What Is a Void Bet?
- Can A Bookmaker Refuse To Pay A Winning Bet?
- What Happens If A Result Changes After A Bet Has Been Settled?
- What Happens To A Bet If A Match Turns Out To Be Fixed?
- Both Teams To Score FAQs
- Do Own Goals Count In Both Teams To Score (BTTS)?
- What is Scorecast Betting in Football?
- How Does First Goalscorer Betting Work in Football?
- What Does Draw No Bet Mean?
- What Is The Difference Between No Goalscorer And 0-0?
- What Is Double Chance Betting In Football?
- Who Wins the Golden Boot If Two Or More Players Tie?
- How Does Half time/Full time Betting Work?
- How many Red Cards Before A Football Match Is Abandoned?
- Do Goalscorer Bets Include Extra Time or Penalties?
- How Do Booking Points Work in Football Betting?
- What Is Regular Time in Football Betting?
- How Does Shots on Target Betting Work?
- What's the Difference Between to Win & to Qualify/Lift the Trophy?
- Is It Worth Betting on the Draw in Football?
- How Does Corner Betting Work in Football?
- What Does Win Both Halves Mean in Football?
- What is an Assist in Football?
- What Does Match Odds Mean in Football Betting?
- How Do Bet Builders Work?
- How Does Draw No Bet Work in a Football Accumulator?
- What Is Rule 4 In Horse Racing?
- What Does SP/Starting Price Mean?
- What Is Best Odds Guaranteed?
- Is Horse Racing Fixed?
- What is Totepool Betting?
- How to Read Horse Racing Form
- How Do Horse Racing Grades, Groups and Classes Work?
- What is Handicapping in Horse Racing?
- What is Non-Runner No Bet/Money Back?
- What is Parimutuel (Tote) Betting?
- How Do Forecasts & Tricasts Work in Racing?
- What Difference Does the Racecourse Surface Make?
- What is the Going and How Does it Affect a Horse Race?
- What Is the Difference Between Flat Racing and Jumps Racing?
- Is Virtual Racing Fixed?
- What Is Draw Bias in Horse Racing?
- What Are Final Declarations in Horse Racing?
- What Happens When a Race Is Cancelled?
- What are The Differences Between Hurdles and Fences?
- What is a Furlong in Horse Racing?
- What Is a Non-Runner in Horse Racing?
- What's the Difference Between Each Way and Place Only Betting?
- What Is A Length In Horse Racing?
- Can You Bet In-Play on Horse Racing?
- How Does Betting Without the Favourite Work in Horse Racing?
- What Does Unnamed Favourite Mean?
- What Is Point-to-Point Racing?
- What Is a False Start in Horse Racing?
- What Breeds Are Used in Horse Racing?
- Why Do Horse Racing Meetings Get Abandoned?
- What Are Steamers & Drifters in Horse Racing?
- What Happens If No Horse Finishes in a Race?
- What Happens If a Horse Finishes a Race Without a Jockey?
- What Is Winning Distance Betting in Horse Racing?
- What is Round Betting in Boxing?
- What Does Method of Victory Mean in Boxing?
- What is a Technical Decision in Boxing?
- What Does Retirement or Corner Retirement Mean in Boxing?
- What Is A Draw In Cricket?
- Does it Matter Who Wins the Coin Toss in Cricket?
- Why Doesn’t Cricket Play In The Rain?
- What Is A Test Match In Cricket?
- What is the Difference Between Stroke Play and Match Play in Golf?
- What Does it Mean to 'Make the Cut' in Golf?
- How Does Each Way Betting Work in Golf?
- What Are 2 or 3 Balls in Golf Betting?
We’ll be adding more questions and useful guides to this section over the coming months, but in the mean time if you have a specific query which we haven’t answered feel free to get in touch and we’ll do our best to help you out!