In this next section we’ll cover some of the more commonly asked questions about betting, including topics such as how betting odds work, why you need to send in ID to a bookie, and what you should do if you thinking you’re betting too much.
To help you find the answer you’re looking for, we’ve split the questions into various categories:
General Betting Questions
- Why Do I Have To Provide Identification At An Online Betting Site?
- What Should I Do If I Think I Have A Gambling Problem?
- Is Online Betting Legal/Safe?
- Is It Possible To Make a Living From Sports/Football Betting?
- What is the Difference Between a Bookmaker/Sportsbook and a Betting Exchange?
- Do Betting Systems Work?
Financial & Account Questions
- Do I Have To Pay Tax On Gambling Winnings?
- Can I Bet Online Without A Bank Account?
- Do I Have To Declare Gambling Winnings To The Tax Man?
- What Happens If A Bookmaker Goes Out Of Business?
- How Do I Complain About a Bookmaker/Betting Site?
- Why Has My Betting Account Been Limited?
- Can You Bet Online with a Credit Card?
- How Do You Set a Deposit Limit at a Bookie?
Placing Bets & Betting Odds
- How Do Betting Odds Work?
- What Is Handicap Betting?
- What Is A Lucky 15/31/63?
- What Is Ante Post Betting?
- Can You Bet On Amateur Sports?
- Can You Bet On Yourself Or Someone You Know?
- Do All Bookies Offer The Same Number of Places on a Race/Tournament/Event?
- What is the Difference Between Betting Limits and Payout Limits?
- How Do Bookmakers Make Money?
- What Does Hedging Your Bets Mean?
- How Do Accumulators Affect the Bookie’s Margins?
- How Do You Play the Lottery at the Bookies?
- What Does Odds On Mean?
- Can I Cancel A Bet After It Has Been Placed?
- What Happens To My Bet If An Event Is Postponed Or Cancelled?
- What Happens Where There's A Dead Heat/Tie?
- What Is a Void Bet?
- Can A Bookmaker Refuse To Pay A Winning Bet?
- What Happens If A Result Changes After A Bet Has Been Settled?
- What Happens To A Bet If A Match Turns Out To Be Fixed?
- Both Teams To Score FAQs
- Do Own Goals Count In Both Teams To Score (BTTS)?
- What is Scorecast Betting in Football?
- How Does First Goalscorer Betting Work in Football?
- What Does Draw No Bet Mean?
- What Is The Difference Between No Goalscorer And 0-0?
- What Is Double Chance Betting In Football?
- Who Wins the Golden Boot If Two Or More Players Tie?
- How Does Half time/Full time Betting Work?
- How many Red Cards Before A Football Match Is Abandoned?
- What Is Rule 4 In Horse Racing?
- What Does SP/Starting Price Mean?
- What Is Best Odds Guaranteed?
- Is Horse Racing Fixed?
- What is Totepool Betting?
- How to Read Horse Racing Form
- How Do Horse Racing Grades, Groups and Classes Work?
- What is Handicapping in Horse Racing?
- What is Non-Runner No Bet/Money Back?
- What is Parimutuel (Tote) Betting?
- How Do Forecasts & Tricasts Work in Racing?
- What Difference Does the Racecourse Surface Make?
- What is the Going and How Does it Affect a Horse Race?
- What Is the Difference Between Flat Racing and Jumps Racing
- Is Virtual Racing Fixed?
- What Is Draw Bias in Horse Racing?
- What Are Final Declarations in Horse Racing?
- What Happens When a Race Is Cancelled?
- What are The Differences Between Hurdles and Fences?
- What is a Furlong in Horse Racing?
- What is Round Betting in Boxing?
- What Does Method of Victory Mean in Boxing?
- What is a Technical Decision in Boxing?
- What Does Retirement or Corner Retirement Mean in Boxing?
We’ll be adding more questions and useful guides to this section over the coming months, but in the mean time if you have a specific query which we haven’t answered feel free to get in touch and we’ll do our best to help you out!