At Best Betting Sites our reviewers have sought out the very best online betting sites for the UK market. We felt that rather than bombard you with a large number of sites (some of which are utter tosh), why not narrow down the options and just bring you the best of the best. So we totted up the pro’s, marked down the con’s and came up with this list of top notch bookies.
In the table below you will find our current top ten betting sites. For more recommended sites along with details of the introductory betting promotions that they offer, visit our free bets page.
Top 10 UK Betting Sites & Bookmakers
|Site||Bonus (T&Cs Apply)||Notes||Visit|
|Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets||Our number one site for day to day betting.|
|Bet365 Terms – Open Account Offer. Bet £10 & Get £50 in Free Bets for new customers at bet365. Min deposit requirement. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits and are available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #ad|
|Bet £5 Get £30||Fantastic football odds, with a fast uncluttered site.|
|BetVictor Terms – 18+ new customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly #ad|
|Bet £5 Get £20||Great all rounder. Regular price boosts & cash out via Ladbrokes shops.|
|Ladbrokes Terms – 18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. #ad|
|Bet £10 Get £30 + £10 Casino Bonus||Long established online bookie with plenty of regular offers.|
|888 Terms – Min deposit £/€/$10. A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10. Min odds 1/2 (1.50). Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days. Free Bet stakes not included in returns. Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount 40 times within 14 days. Casino Bonus expires after 60 days. Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & full T&Cs apply. 18+ begambleaware.org #ad|
|Bet £10 Get £60 in Bonuses||Wide range of moneyback specials. Plus regular giveaways & bonuses.|
|Betfred Terms – New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on Sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £20 in Free Bets to be used on Sports, £10 in Free Bets to be used on Lotto and 50 Free Spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in Free Bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of I.D and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. #ad|
|£10 Free Bet||Regular offers and lots of features.|
|Betway Terms – New UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Full Terms apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. #ad|
|£40 Money Back + £10 Casino||Strong brand with good range of offers.|
|Unibet Terms – 18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: all sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&C's apply. #ad|
|£50 Deposit Bonus||Coverage of over 150 football leagues.|
|10Bet Terms – New Customers only; Min. deposit £15; Bonus amount 50% of deposit up to £50; Wager deposit and bonus 8x within 60 days; 4/5 Min. single odds or 2/5 min. acca selection odds; Max. stake contribution equal to the initial bonus; Certain bet types and payment methods excluded; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+ #ad|
|Bet £5 + Get £20 in Free Bets||Regular offers plus deposit via Coral shops.|
|Coral Terms – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply. #ad|
|£100 in Free Bets||Also home to the biggest betting exchange on the web.|
|Betfair Terms – New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply. #ad|
Please note: Terms & Conditions apply to the offers listed above. All offers for new customers only. For more details see the relevant offer landing page. See also our disclaimer.
It probably doesn’t come as a huge shock to find that the top 10 list found above is dominated by the big UK high street brands. These guys have been around for many many years and have spent that time battling with each other to become the ‘top dog’, resulting in better odds, websites and features for us.
But that doesn’t mean that you have to stick the the old school bookies in order to find yourself a quality site to bet on – new websites spring up all the time, and because they’re competing with the big boys they often have to pull out all of the stops to get noticed.
In the next section you’ll find our top 3 new betting sites (or rather, new compared to the ones listed above). All of them have gone above and beyond to provide a truly competitive product and are well worth checking out – so if you’re looking for somewhere new to bet, try one of the following.
New Betting Sites For 2022
|Site||Bonus (T&Cs Apply)||Notes||Visit|
|No Bonus, But Regular Offers||Very solid site with plenty of offers.|
|SportNation Terms – T&Cs Apply 18+ #ad|
We’re classifying the websites listed in the table above as new bookmakers. Now this doesn’t necessarily mean they only launched last week, rather that they’re not as established as the bookies in our top 10. It could also include gambling sites who have recently added a sportsbook to their portfolio of products, despite their other products having been around for much longer.
Some of the new sites we’re seeing at the moment are excellent and it’s clear that they’re well funded with a good product and an appetite for quality. That’s not to say that you should sign up to any old new site you find though, there are plenty of low quality white labels that offer poor odds and even worse customer service. We’d suggest you stick to the ones we’ve tested and are happy to recommend.
What's On This Week
Premier League – 13th to 15th August 2022
On Saturday afternoon in the Premier League, Aston Villa and Everton meet in the early game. At 3pm, Arsenal host Leicester City, Manchester City take on Bournemouth, and Leeds United travel to Southampton. Saturday’s late kick off will see Brentford host Manchester United. Nottingham Forest play West Ham United at the City Ground, and Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur meet in a London derby at Stamford Bridge on Sunday that promises to be quite a cracker. Matchday two concludes on Monday when Liverpool and Crystal Palace go head-to-head at Anfield as the Reds look to build on their Community Shield victory over Man City.
Western & Southern Open – 15th to 21st August 2022
The 2022 Western & Southern Open, also known as the Cincinnati Masters, is this week’s big tennis tournament. The competition, which starts on Monday, will be held at Linder Family Tennis Center in Mason, Ohio. It will be the 121st men’s edition and the 94th version of the women’s tournament. Alexander Zverev and Ashleigh Barty were the winners last year but who will claim glory this time around?
EFL Championship – 16th to 17th August 2022
In midweek, all 24 EFL Championship clubs are set to play. Watford make the trip to Birmingham City, Norwich City entertain Huddersfield Town, and Swansea City host Millwall this Tuesday night. On Wednesday, Sheffield United and Sunderland meet at Bramall Lane, while West Bromwich Albion welcome Cardiff City to The Hawthorns.
Champions League Play-offs – 16th to 17th August 2022
The UEFA Champions League qualifying play-off round begins this week. Six clubs will book their spots in the hugely lucrative group stage, while the losers of the two-legged play-off ties will be relegated to the UEFA Europa League. The pick of Tuesday’s action is the Rangers v PSV Eindhoven match from Ibrox Stadium. On Wednesday, Dynamo Kiev and Benfica meet in Poland in the standout fixture.
BMW Championship – 18th to 21st August 2022
In golf things are really coming to the boil as we have the second FedEx Cup play-off event of the 2021-22 PGA Tour season in the shape of the BMW Championship from Delaware. This is the middle play-off competition after last week’s FedEx St. Jude Championship in Tennessee. Patrick Cantlay won this tournament in 2021, beating Bryson DeChambeau in a play-off. This year’s event at Wilmington Country Club is wide open and we should be in for a cracking week.
Ebor Handicap – 20th August 2022
The Ebor Handicap is not the classiest contest but for many it is the pinnacle of York’s four-day Ebor Festival meeting, and this year’s edition will take place this Saturday. The race has grown in stature over the years and is now Europe’s most valuable flat handicap. Ben Coen won on Sonnyboyliston last year. At the time of writing, Earl of Tyrone is the favourite to win the 2022 edition at York Racecourse.
Oleksandr Usyk v Anthony Joshua – 20th August 2022
Oleksandr Usyk and Anthony Joshua rekindle their rivalry in a high-profile boxing bout at King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia this weekend. The WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles are on the line in what promises to be a cracking fight. The two met at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in England’s capital back September last year, with Usyk winning via a 12-round unanimous decision. The Ukrainian has bulked up since then but will this slow him down? Can AJ get revenge in Saudi Arabia this Saturday? Or will be revealed ...
Sports Betting Guides
Each betting site listed on this site may have an area or sport in which they particularly excel (or are weak in). For this reason we also make specific recommendations based on sport, cutting down the field even more so that you can find the right bookie for what you want to bet on.
- Football Betting – All UK bookies will have a strong football focus, but that doesn’t make them equal. We guide you through the top 3 football betting sites and show you where to find the best football odds, footie promotions and even free live streaming football.
- Horse Racing – Want to know the best places for betting on the horses? Check out our guide to the creme de la creme of racing focused bookies. Including who has the best odds and racing promotions, and where to find the best live horse racing streaming service.
- Other Sports – Footie and Racing are the biggest sports in the UK when it comes to betting turnover, but we’ve also compiled similar guides other topics, including Tennis, American Football and Snooker. See the relevant page for a full run down, including the best bookmakers for each sport, the types of bets you want to be considering and what rules you should be aware of when placing your wagers.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that you need answering about betting, then head over to our FAQ section where we cover some of the more common things that people ask us – including topics such as odds, void bets and even how to bet online without a bank account. We also get into the nitty gritty with questions relating to gambling law, taxes and identification requirements.
We add new articles to this section all the time, but if there’s something you need answering that we haven’t already covered then feel free to drop us a line and our experts will do their best to fill you in.
Recently Added & Updated Questions: August 2022
- Place Insurance: What is a Cover Bet With 2, 3 or 4 Places?
- What is the Spread in American Football?
- What are Round the Clock and Liverpool Round the Clock Bets?
- Do American Football Games Stop For Adverts?
- What is an Alphabet Bet?
- Can Bookies Cancel a Bet Without Permission?
- What is a Round Robin Bet?
- What is an Any To Come Bet?
- What Is Place Insurance in Greyhound Racing?
- Do Bookies Have to Accept Your Bet?
- What Happens if You Have a Non Runner in a Placepot?
- What Is the Difference Between a Tricast & a Trifecta Bet?
- What Is the First Drive in American Football?
- What Is a Nap in Betting?
- What Is the Difference Between a Forecast & an Exacta Bet?
- How Do Weight Classes Work in Boxing?
- What Is a Computer Straight Forecast & How Is It Calculated?
- What Are the Playoffs in American Football?
- What’s the Difference Between Passing & Receiving Yards in American Football?
- What Are Kicking Points in American Football?
What Makes A Good Betting Site
So how do we pick the bookmakers that make it into this site? We take a variety of factors into account (listed below in no particular order) which we look at in combination with each other. In the majority of cases they betting sites should tick all of the boxes to some degree, however we may lists sites which lack in certain aspects if they excel in others – see each bookmakers review for full details.
- Odds – First and foremost we look at the odds as any betting site worth its salt will be competitive in its prices. Some of the betting sites will offer better odds than others on particular markets – in particular, BetVictor have often been awarded the title of ‘best overall football odds’ in multiple seasons. Peer-to-peer betting exchanges often have better odds than traditional bookmakers, but this comes at the cost of some features (namely multiple and accumulator bets) and the frequency of promotions.
- Markets – Having great odds doesn’t mean squat if they’re not on the events you want to bet on. So we look at the number and availability of markets that the site offers – in diversity, variety and number.
- Useability – Any decent betting site should be easy to use. The best betting sites feature intuitive layouts that enable you to place your bets quickly and easily.
- Features – Various features are more important to some punters than others, and we try to take this into account accordingly. Features we particularly look for include mobile betting capabilities, banking methods, in-play betting and live streaming feeds.
- Promotions & Offers – We look at the frequency and value of promotions, but not just for new customers – we also look at the ongoing promotions and specials that the site offers its existing customers. Most of the sites we list offer promotions such as cash back specials, enhanced odds, free bets, betting bonuses, accumulator bonuses and so on… A small number of betting sites even offer loyalty points or bonuses to reward you for every bet you make.