At Best Betting Sites our reviewers have sought out the very best online betting sites for the UK market. We felt that rather than bombard you with a large number of sites (some of which are utter tosh), why not narrow down the options and just bring you the best of the best. So we totted up the pro’s, marked down the con’s and came up with this list of top notch bookies.
In the table below you will find our current top ten betting sites. For more recommended sites along with details of the introductory betting promotions that they offer, visit our free bets page.
Top 10 UK Betting Sites & Bookmakers
|Site||Bonus (T&Cs Apply)||Notes||Visit|
|Up to £100 in Bet Credits||Our number one site for day to day betting.|
|Bet365 Terms – Open Account Offer. Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.|
|Bet £5 Get £30||Fantastic football odds, with a best price guarantee on accas.|
|BetVictor Terms – New Customers only. Deposit and place a £5 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive 2x £10 Sports/Virtual Sports Free Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days, plus a £10 Casino Bonus, expires in 7 days. Wager the Casino Bonus 35x to withdraw winnings. Payment Cards only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply. Please Gamble Responsibly|
|Bet £10 Get £30 + £10 Casino Bonus||Long established online bookie with plenty of regular offers.|
|888 Terms – Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30F. A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market. Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5). Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days. Free bet stakes not included in returns. Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days. Wagering req. vary by game. Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply|
|Bet £10 Get £30 + 30 Free Spins||Wide range of moneyback specials. Plus regular giveaways & bonuses.|
|Betfred Terms – New Sports customers only. Promo code SPORTS60. 1st sports bet of £10+ in one transaction at Odds of evens (2.0) or greater, settled in 60 days. £30 free bet paid within 48 hours of settlement. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. 30 Free Spins on selected games. 7 day expiry spins & bonus. Full T&Cs apply.|
|Bet £5 + Get £20 in Free Bets||Regular offers, a massive football jackpot & deposit via Coral shops.|
|Coral Terms – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.|
|Bet £5 Get £20||Great all rounder. Regular price boosts & cash out via Ladbrokes shops.|
|Ladbrokes Terms – 18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply.|
|£40 Money Back + £10 Casino||Strong brand with good range of offers.|
|Unibet Terms – New customers only. 18+, BeGambleAware.org. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus. Wagering requirements: Sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), Casino 25x. Only one bonus can be used at a time, Sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the Casino, unless the bonus has been forfeited. Bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.|
|£50 Deposit Bonus||Regular reload bonuses & coverage of over 150 football leagues.|
|10Bet Terms – New Customers only; Min. deposit £15; Bonus amount 50% of deposit up to £50; Wager deposit and bonus 8x within 30 days; 4/5 Min. single odds or 2/5 min. acca selection odds; Max. stake contribution equal to the initial bonus; Certain bet types and payment methods excluded; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+|
|£100 in Free Bets||Also home to the biggest betting exchange on the web.|
|Betfair Terms – New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.|
|£20 Risk Free Bet||Entertaining bookie with some unusual markets|
|Paddy Power Terms – New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is €20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply.|
Please note: Terms & Conditions apply to the offers listed above. All offers for new customers only. For more details see the relevant offer landing page. See also our disclaimer.
It probably doesn’t come as a huge shock to find that the top 10 list found above is dominated by the big UK high street brands. These guys have been around for many many years and have spent that time battling with each other to become the ‘top dog’, resulting in better odds, websites and features for us.
But that doesn’t mean that you have to stick the the old school bookies in order to find yourself a quality site to bet on – new websites spring up all the time, and because they’re competing with the big boys they often have to pull out all of the stops to get noticed.
In the next section you’ll find our top 3 new betting sites (or rather, new compared to the ones listed above). All of them have gone above and beyond to provide a truly competitive product and are well worth checking out – so if you’re looking for somewhere new to bet, try one of the following.
New Betting Sites For 2020
|Site||Bonus (T&Cs Apply)||Notes||Visit|
|Reward Points||Very solid site with plenty of offers.|
|SportNation Terms – Terms & Conditions apply. 18+.|
|£100 Profit Boost||New sportsbook from one of the webs best casinos.|
|32Red Sport Terms – T&Cs apply. New customers only. Opt in. Min. Odds Evs, Max. £10 stake, Max. additional profit £100. Skrill and Neteller deposits are not eligible.|
We’re classifying the websites listed in the table above as new bookmakers. Now this doesn’t necessarily mean they only launched last week, rather that they’re not as established as the bookies in our top 10. It could also include gambling sites who have recently added a sportsbook to their portfolio of products, despite their other products having been around for much longer.
For example, despite being including as one of the new kids on the block, you may recognise one of the names in the list as being fairly old – Vernons have been in the betting business for decades and have operated the football pools under the name ‘Vernons’ since 1925. Whilst they launched their online product a few years ago, they’re still relatively unknown – hence including them here. Of particular interest is the fact that they run plenty of offers on a wide range of sports (not just football) including tennis, golf and cricket.
Sports Betting Tips
League/Cup Outright Betting Tips
Sports Betting Guides
Each betting site listed on this site may have an area or sport in which they particularly excel (or are weak in). For this reason we also make specific recommendations based on sport, cutting down the field even more so that you can find the right bookie for what you want to bet on.
- Football Betting – All UK bookies will have a strong football focus, but that doesn’t make them equal. We guide you through the top 3 football betting sites and show you where to find the best football odds, footie promotions and even free live streaming football.
- Horse Racing – Want to know the best places for betting on the horses? Check out our guide to the creme de la creme of racing focused bookies. Including who has the best odds and racing promotions, and where to find the best live horse racing streaming service.
- Other Sports – Footie and Racing are the biggest sports in the UK when it comes to betting turnover, but we’ve also compiled similar guides other topics, including Tennis, American Football and Snooker. See the relevant page for a full run down, including the best bookmakers for each sport, the types of bets you want to be considering and what rules you should be aware of when placing your wagers.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that you need answering about betting, then head over to our FAQ section where we cover some of the more common things that people ask us – including topics such as odds, void bets and even how to bet online without a bank account. We also get into the nitty gritty with questions relating to gambling law, taxes and identification requirements.
We add new articles to this section all the time, but if there’s something you need answering that we haven’t already covered then feel free to drop us a line and our experts will do their best to fill you in.
Recently Added & Updated Questions: September 2020
- What Happens To A Bet If A Match Turns Out To Be Fixed?
- Both Teams To Score FAQs
- Why Do I Have To Provide Identification At An Online Betting Site?
- What Should I Do If I Think I Have A Gambling Problem?
- How Do Betting Odds Work?
- Do I Have To Pay Tax On Gambling Winnings?
- Can I Bet Online Without A Bank Account?
- What Is Handicap Betting?
- Is Online Betting Legal/Safe?
- What Is A Lucky 15/31/63?
What Makes A Good Betting Site
So how do we pick the bookmakers that make it into this site? We take a variety of factors into account (listed below in no particular order) which we look at in combination with each other. In the majority of cases they betting sites should tick all of the boxes to some degree, however we may lists sites which lack in certain aspects if they excel in others – see each bookmakers review for full details.
- Odds – First and foremost we look at the odds as any betting site worth its salt will be competitive in its prices. Some of the betting sites will offer better odds than others on particular markets – in particular, BetVictor have had the best overall football odds for the last two seasons. Peer-to-peer betting exchanges often have better odds than traditional bookmakers, but this comes at the cost of some features (namely multiple and accumulator bets) and the frequency of promotions.
- Markets – Having great odds doesn’t mean squat if they’re not on the events you want to bet on. So we look at the number and availability of markets that the site offers – in diversity, variety and number.
- Useability – Any decent betting site should be easy to use. The best betting sites feature intuitive layouts that enable you to place your bets quickly and easily.
- Features – Various features are more important to some punters than others, and we try to take this into account accordingly. Features we particularly look for include mobile betting capabilities, banking methods, in-play betting and live streaming feeds.
- Promotions & Offers – We look at the frequency and value of promotions, but not just for new customers – we also look at the ongoing promotions and specials that the site offers its existing customers. Most of the sites we list offer promotions such as cash back specials, enhanced odds, free bets, betting bonuses, accumulator bonuses and so on… A small number of betting sites even offer loyalty points or bonuses to reward you for every bet you make.
In our betting tips section we provide predictions and previews of upcoming events. The bulk of our analysis is focused around football and horse racing and is split by league, competition and meeting.
- Leagues: Premier League – Championship
- Domestic Cups: FA Cup – EFL Cup
- International Cups: Champions League – Europa League – Nations League