At Best Betting Sites our reviewers have sought out the very best online betting sites for the UK market. We felt that rather than bombard you with a large number of sites (some of which are utter tosh), why not narrow down the options and just bring you the best of the best. So we totted up the pro’s, marked down the con’s and came up with this list of top notch bookies.
In the table below you will find our current top ten betting sites. For more recommended sites along with details of the introductory betting promotions that they offer, visit our free bets page.
Top 10 UK Betting Sites & Bookmakers
|Site||Bonus (T&Cs Apply)||Notes||Visit|
|Up to £100 in Bet Credits||Our number one site for day to day betting.|
|Bet365 Terms – Open Account Offer. Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365. Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. #ad|
|Bet £5 Get £30||Fantastic football odds, with a fast uncluttered site.|
|BetVictor Terms – 18+ new customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 Free Bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw max £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply. begambleaware.org | Please gamble responsibly #ad|
|Bet £5 Get £20||Great all rounder. Regular price boosts & cash out via Ladbrokes shops.|
|Ladbrokes Terms – 18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply. #ad|
|Bet £10 Get £30 + £10 Casino Bonus||Long established online bookie with plenty of regular offers.|
|888 Terms – Min deposit £/€/$10. A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/€/$10. Min odds 1/2 (1.50). Free Bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days. Free Bet stakes not included in returns. Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days. To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager the bonus amount 40 times within 14 days. Casino Bonus expires after 60 days. Withdrawal restrictions, payment methods, country & full T&Cs apply. #ad|
|Bet £10 Get £30||Wide range of moneyback specials. Plus regular giveaways & bonuses.|
|Betfred Terms – New UK & NI customers only. Promo code SPORTS60. Deposit and place first sports bet of £10+ in one transaction, at odds of Evens (2.0)+, settled within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on Sports. £30 in Free Bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS validation may be required. Max 30 Free Spins on Blue Wizard at £0.10 per spin. 7-day expiry. Full T&Cs apply. #ad|
|£10 Free Bet||Regular offers and lots of features.|
|Betway Terms – New UK customers only. £10 Min Deposit. 100% matched free bet on your first deposit of £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bets. Debit Card deposits only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Full Terms apply. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. #ad|
|£50 Deposit Bonus||Coverage of over 150 football leagues.|
|10Bet Terms – New Customers only; Min. deposit £15; Bonus amount 50% of deposit up to £50; Wager deposit and bonus 8x within 60 days; 4/5 Min. single odds or 2/5 min. acca selection odds; Max. stake contribution equal to the initial bonus; Certain bet types and payment methods excluded; See full terms; Terms apply; 18+ #ad|
|£40 Money Back + £10 Casino||Strong brand with good range of offers.|
|Unibet Terms – 18+ begambleaware.org. New customers only. Min deposit £10. Money back as bonus if first bet loses. Wagering requirements: all sportsbook 3x at min. odds of 1.40 (2/5), casino 50x. Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus. Bonus expires 7 days after opt-in. Full T&C's apply. #ad|
|Bet £5 + Get £20 in Free Bets||Regular offers plus deposit via Coral shops.|
|Coral Terms – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply. #ad|
|£100 in Free Bets||Also home to the biggest betting exchange on the web.|
|Betfair Terms – New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply. #ad|
|Bet £20 and Get It Back if It Loses||Entertaining bookie with some unusual markets|
|Paddy Power Terms – New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is €20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. #ad|
Please note: Terms & Conditions apply to the offers listed above. All offers for new customers only. For more details see the relevant offer landing page. See also our disclaimer.
It probably doesn’t come as a huge shock to find that the top 10 list found above is dominated by the big UK high street brands. These guys have been around for many many years and have spent that time battling with each other to become the ‘top dog’, resulting in better odds, websites and features for us.
But that doesn’t mean that you have to stick the the old school bookies in order to find yourself a quality site to bet on – new websites spring up all the time, and because they’re competing with the big boys they often have to pull out all of the stops to get noticed.
In the next section you’ll find our top 3 new betting sites (or rather, new compared to the ones listed above). All of them have gone above and beyond to provide a truly competitive product and are well worth checking out – so if you’re looking for somewhere new to bet, try one of the following.
New Betting Sites For 2021
|Site||Bonus (T&Cs Apply)||Notes||Visit|
|No Bonus, But Regular Offers||Very solid site with plenty of offers.|
|SportNation Terms – T&Cs Apply 18+ #ad|
We’re classifying the websites listed in the table above as new bookmakers. Now this doesn’t necessarily mean they only launched last week, rather that they’re not as established as the bookies in our top 10. It could also include gambling sites who have recently added a sportsbook to their portfolio of products, despite their other products having been around for much longer.
Some of the new sites we’re seeing at the moment are excellent and it’s clear that they’re well funded with a good product and an appetite for quality. That’s not to say that you should sign up to any old new site you find though, there are plenty of low quality white labels that offer poor odds and even worse customer service. We’d suggest you stick to the ones we’ve tested and are happy to recommend.
What's On This Week
UK Championship Snooker – 23rd November to 5th December 2021
The 2021 UK Championship at York Barbican is well underway. There are several mouth-watering matches to look forward across the week, culminating in the final in York this Sunday. Last year’s edition, which was held at Marshall Arena in Milton Keynes, was won by Neil Robertson, who beat Judd Trump in a thrilling final. There is a long way to go, but Trump is the bookies’ favourite to win the 2021 edition. Usual suspects Ronnie O’Sullivan and Mark Selby are also among the favourites for glory.
Davis Cup Finals – 25th November to 5th December 2021
The 2021 Davis Cup Finals continue this week. This year’s tournament is a little different, with Austria, Spain and Italy all hosting matches in the event. Spain are the defending champions having won the 2019 edition on their own patch. At the time of writing, Russia are the favourites to lift the trophy this year, but several nations are capable of going all the way. Who will be crowned 2021 champions?
EFL Championship – 3rd to 5th December 2021
This weekend’s EFL Championship action gets underway on Friday night when Fulham entertain Bournemouth in what promises to be a cracker at Craven Cottage. Saturday’s early kick off will see Coventry City and West Bromwich Albion meet at the Coventry Building Society Arena. Shortly after, Bristol City host Derby County, Cardiff City entertain Sheffield United, and Middlesbrough and Swansea City meet at the Riverside Stadium. We have one game to look forward to on Sunday, as Mark Warburton’s Queens Park Rangers welcome Michael O’Neill’s Stoke City to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium.
Premier League – 4th to 6th December 2021
The Premier League clubs are in action again at the weekend. First up, London rivals West Ham United and Chelsea go head-to-head in a tasty fixture at the London Stadium. Also on Saturday, Liverpool travel to the West Midlands to play Wolverhampton Wanderers, and Manchester City take on Watford at Vicarage Road. Manchester United host Crystal Palace on Sunday, while Aston Villa and Leicester City do battle at Villa Park. The final match of the round will see Everton and Arsenal face off at Goodison Park on Monday night.
Saudi Arabian F1 Grand Prix – 5th December 2021
The penultimate Formula One Grand Prix of the season will take place in Saudi Arabia this weekend. The inaugural race to be held in Jeddah will take place at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit. We have been treated to a truly spectacular Formula One season, with Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton swapping places at the top all year long. With just two races to go, Verstappen leads the way. However, after back-to-back race wins in Brazil and Qatar, world champion Hamilton has closed the gap to just eight points. Who will be top going into the final round in Abu Dhabi?
Sports Betting Guides
Each betting site listed on this site may have an area or sport in which they particularly excel (or are weak in). For this reason we also make specific recommendations based on sport, cutting down the field even more so that you can find the right bookie for what you want to bet on.
- Football Betting – All UK bookies will have a strong football focus, but that doesn’t make them equal. We guide you through the top 3 football betting sites and show you where to find the best football odds, footie promotions and even free live streaming football.
- Horse Racing – Want to know the best places for betting on the horses? Check out our guide to the creme de la creme of racing focused bookies. Including who has the best odds and racing promotions, and where to find the best live horse racing streaming service.
- Other Sports – Footie and Racing are the biggest sports in the UK when it comes to betting turnover, but we’ve also compiled similar guides other topics, including Tennis, American Football and Snooker. See the relevant page for a full run down, including the best bookmakers for each sport, the types of bets you want to be considering and what rules you should be aware of when placing your wagers.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that you need answering about betting, then head over to our FAQ section where we cover some of the more common things that people ask us – including topics such as odds, void bets and even how to bet online without a bank account. We also get into the nitty gritty with questions relating to gambling law, taxes and identification requirements.
We add new articles to this section all the time, but if there’s something you need answering that we haven’t already covered then feel free to drop us a line and our experts will do their best to fill you in.
Recently Added & Updated Questions: December 2021
- What Is Winning Distance Betting in Horse Racing?
- Is It Worth Betting Each Way?
- Is It Worth Betting on the Draw in Football?
- What Happens If a Horse Finishes a Race Without a Jockey?
- Is Cash Out Worth Taking?
- What's the Difference Between to Win & to Qualify/Lift the Trophy?
- What Is Courtsiding & Does It Actually Work?
- What Happens If No Horse Finishes in a Race?
- Which Betting Sites Accept a £5 Deposit?
- What Does Suspended Mean in Betting?
- How Does Shots on Target Betting Work?
- What Are Steamers & Drifters in Horse Racing?
- How Does a Tie Break Work in Tennis?
- Why Do Horse Racing Meetings Get Abandoned?
- What Is Regular Time in Football Betting?
- What Breeds Are Used in Horse Racing?
- How Do Booking Points Work in Football Betting?
- What Are 2 or 3 Balls in Golf Betting?
- How Old Do You Need to Be to Bet Online?
- What Is a False Start in Horse Racing?
What Makes A Good Betting Site
So how do we pick the bookmakers that make it into this site? We take a variety of factors into account (listed below in no particular order) which we look at in combination with each other. In the majority of cases they betting sites should tick all of the boxes to some degree, however we may lists sites which lack in certain aspects if they excel in others – see each bookmakers review for full details.
- Odds – First and foremost we look at the odds as any betting site worth its salt will be competitive in its prices. Some of the betting sites will offer better odds than others on particular markets – in particular, BetVictor have often been awarded the title of ‘best overall football odds’ in multiple seasons. Peer-to-peer betting exchanges often have better odds than traditional bookmakers, but this comes at the cost of some features (namely multiple and accumulator bets) and the frequency of promotions.
- Markets – Having great odds doesn’t mean squat if they’re not on the events you want to bet on. So we look at the number and availability of markets that the site offers – in diversity, variety and number.
- Useability – Any decent betting site should be easy to use. The best betting sites feature intuitive layouts that enable you to place your bets quickly and easily.
- Features – Various features are more important to some punters than others, and we try to take this into account accordingly. Features we particularly look for include mobile betting capabilities, banking methods, in-play betting and live streaming feeds.
- Promotions & Offers – We look at the frequency and value of promotions, but not just for new customers – we also look at the ongoing promotions and specials that the site offers its existing customers. Most of the sites we list offer promotions such as cash back specials, enhanced odds, free bets, betting bonuses, accumulator bonuses and so on… A small number of betting sites even offer loyalty points or bonuses to reward you for every bet you make.