Top 10 Betting Sites & Online Bookmakers
Seeing as we go by the name ‘best betting sites’, there’s no way we could get away without offering you a list of our top ten betting sites. Included in this list are online bookmakers, sportsbooks and even the odd betting exchange.
This page looks at the betting sites on the whole, so if you tend to only bet on one particular sport, you might also like to check out our recommendations on the best online bookmakers based on sport. We currently have lists for football, horse racing, tennis and snooker with more to follow soon.
More sites: Below are our top 10 favourite bookies. You can see a list of bigger list of all betting sites recommended by us on our free bets page.
1. Coral – Bet £5 & Get a £20 Free Bet
The folks at Coral have recently gone to great efforts to turn their product into something awesome, and it really shows. With a new sleek design and intuitive navigation system, you can get straight to the betting market you’re looking for with minimal effort. And as always they offer highly competitive odds that rival all of the other UK high street bookmakers.
Where Coral really come into their own is with their betting offers, and they consistently offer cash back specials and free bet promotions on all major sporting events – including offers for Football, Horse Racing, Golf, Cricket, Rugby and F1. This is, of course, on top of their £20 free bet that you can claim when signing up. We’re incredibly impressed with the new Coral, and we’re hoping that they keep up the good work in the years to come.
What We Like:
- Great All Rounder – Easy to navigate, good odds & wide range of markets.
- Plenty Of Bonuses – Regular money back specials & free bets for existing customers.
- Coral Connect – Deposit & cash out through any of Coral’s 1800+ high street shops.
2. Bet365 – 100% up to £200
Their sign up bonus is one of the highest in the industry and the have some fantastic ongoing offers – including money back if a football game ends 0-0 and a free bet if your horse racing bet wins at odds of 4/1 or greater.
They have the widest variety of live streaming sport of any bookie we’ve seen – offering multiple sports, not just the ATR and RUK horse racing streams that most sites offer. They also have one of the lowest minimum bet requirements to be eligible to watch the streams – just 50p.
What We Like:
- Partial Cash Out – Cash out all or just a part of your bet early.
- Live Streaming – Everything from horse racing to golf, tennis and football.
- In Play Betting – Massive range of markets. Also integrates with the streaming to bet as you watch.
3. BetVictor – Bet £10 Get £60
Next up are BetVictor – formally known as ‘Victor Chandler’ or ‘VC’. BetVictor are particularly good for their competitive odds and they have officially had ‘best odds most often’ and ‘best average odds’ for the last two premiership seasons. They’ve recently taken this one step further with the new Acca Price Promise, where they guarantee to be the best odds on 5+ football accumulator.
When you sign up you can claim a £25 matched bet. Plus you’ll also get access to plenty of cash back specials which they run on most major sporting events. BTTS fans should check out their ‘both teams to score’ money back offer which pays out if your acca loses because of just one leg.
BetVictor also offer a pretty damn good VIP program for active punters – something that’s a bit unusual in the sports betting world. Members will receive special tailor made bonuses, a personal account manager and even invitations to hospitality events.
What We Like:
- Fantastic Odds – Some of the best odds in the business, especially for football.
- Acca Guarantee – They even offer a best odds guarantee on 5+ football accumulators.
- Racing Money Back – Cash back if your horse refuses or whips around at the start of the race.
4. 888 – Treble Odds on First Bet
888 are one of the oldest online betting companies in the business, with their first gambling site going live around two decades ago – before a lot of people even had email. They’re listed on the London Stock Exchange and are definitely a force to be reckoned with.
Their odds are decent, but not the best, but it’s their offers that’s earned them a spot in our top ten. They’re almost unmatched for the sheer volume and spread of promotions which run on a daily basis. Offers range from weekly free bets on football through to money back specials on darts, and everything in between.
They also have an unsual welcome offer – treble odds on your first bet. Just place a £10 on any market and if it wins, you’ll get paid out 3x the normal odds.
What We Like:
- Tons of Offers – There’s a giant list of money back offers and regular free bets running all the time on a wide range of sports.
- VIP Program – Big bettors take note, 888 have a very strong VIP program with enhanced offers for VIP’s, dedicated account managers and VIP events.
- Easy to navigate – We’re big fans of the new version of their site which is clean and easy to navigate. Their search feature in particular is brilliant.
5. 10Bet – £200 Deposit Bonus
10Bet may be relatively new to the UK market, but they’ve been operating around the world for many years. Before entering the UK market they acquired a UK Gambling licence, which to us speaks volumes to their integrity (many simply try to fly under the radar) and has instantly put them into our good books.
Their welcome offer is a massive deposit bonus, with additional reload bonuses given most months (sometimes more than one around big events).
It’s fairly clear that the main focus of 10Bet is football, and footie fans are particularly well catered for when it comes to coverage and markets. The latest arrow in their quiver is a much improved new horse racing section, with strong coverage and offers, particularly around bigger meetings.
What We Like:
- Deposit Bonuses – Big £200 bonus when you sign up plus monthly reload bonuses.
- Huge Range of Markets – Over 12,000 events a week and more than 150 football leagues covered. Also has a cracking live betting section.
- Plenty of Offers – Get extra bonuses on winning accas, money back promotions and a healthy smattering of free bets.
6. ComeOn – Bet £10 Get £20 Free
They offer an easy to use betting site which comes with all the extras that you’d want – live betting, a smart mobile site and integrated casino games (the sports welcome bonus also comes with free spins in the casino for those of you who are interested).
They’re also one of the few online betting sites to offer loyalty points on sports bets. These points can be exchanged for free bets, used to buy bonuses or exchanged for good old cash. There’s no limit to the number of points you can claim and redeem, meaning the more you bet, the more you get back in bonuses.
What We Like:
- Loyalty Program – Collect point and earn free bets, bonuses and cash payouts.
- Free Spins – Get free spins when you sign up, more when you deposit and even more whenever a new NetEnt slot is launched.
7. Ladbrokes – £50 Matched Bet
Ladbrokes are one of the UK’s most prevalent high street bookies. As well as a simple matched bet when you sign up, Ladbrokes run plenty of one-off specials for the bigger events and the occasional accumulator bonus offer.
One of the features that make Ladbrokes stand out are their banking options. As well as being able to deposit and withdraw with PayPal (which many of the bookmakers in our top 10 offer), Ladbrokes also let you deposit and withdraw using cash via their betting shops. And seeing as you can’t go two minutes without seeing a red Ladbrokes sign, this makes it a very convenient way of getting your hands on your money right away.
What We Like:
- Odds Enhancements – Daily price boosts on popular markets, and regular enhanced accas. For all customers, not just new ones!
- Live Streaming – Nice range of sport available to stream including racing, football, snooker and more. Plus integrated live betting.
8. Betway – £50 Deposit Bonus
Betway have been around for a few years, but it’s only recently that they’ve started to up their game. They are licensed in the UK (as are all of the sites we recommend), and you may recognise the name from their fairly regular TV adverts.
In terms of odds, Betway offer decent enough prices across the board and a wide range of money back specials which definitely add value to your bets. As well as plenty of football and horse racing offers, they also often have offers for UFC, NFL and even handball. Plus there’s £10 in free bets up for grabs every week.
Combine this with an easy to use website, intuitive mobile site and comprehensive in play betting coverage and you have yourselves the makings of a strong betting site.
What We Like:
- Promotions – Wide range of money back specials, enhanced odds and acca insurance. Plus daily free horse racing bets.
- Weekly Free Bets – Get £10 a week in free bets through Betway’s free bet club.
- Loyalty Scheme – Earn Betway Plus points for free bets, invitations to hospitality events and exclusive offers.
9. Sky Bet – Bet £5 Get £20 + £5 Every Week
Sky Bet were the first betting site to offer loyalty free bets to their customers, and whilst other bookies have now copied the idea as well, the original Sky offer is still one of the best available – a weekly free £5 bet when you wager a total of £25 or more in the previous week.
Aimed more at casual bettors, the Sky Bet website is user friendly and refreshingly uncluttered. It is also fully mobile friendly and there is an iPhone app for easy betting on the go. Combine this with competitive odds, daily price boosts and regular offers and you have yourself a very strong betting site.
What We Like:
- Easy To Use – One of the most user friendly betting sites and apps in the business.
- Weekly Free Bets – £5 free every week you keep betting, rain or shine!
- Super 6 – A free chance to win £250k every week by picking 6 football scores.
10. Betfred – Bet £10, Get £60
Betfred consistently offer some of the best promotions of any bookie – and Fred truly does live up to his name as the bonus king. For new customers they offer a £30 free bet and a £30 casino bonus when you place your first bet of just £10 (min odds of evens).
They also run a number of ongoing specials – including double/triple odds on winning first goal scorer bets when the player scores again (Double Delight/Hat Trick Heaven) and double odds on winning correct score markets when a goal was scored in added time.
Betfred were also the first site to offer goals galore – a new type of bet reminiscent of the old football pools your grandad used to play. But instead of picking draws, you pick games where both teams will score. This feature alone makes Betfred worth have a look at, and with their new no deposit bet you can give it a go with no risk to your pocket.
What We Like:
- Wide Range Of Offers – Not just footie, they run promotions on rugby, darts, novelty bets and more. Including plenty of doubles odds offers.
- Innovative Bookie – From inventing markets and offers, to embracing technology (there’s even an Apple watch app) Betfred are always doing something new.
Bonus Site: Winner
Winner is a relatively young bookie with the sports betting side of the operation launching in 2013. However, the Winner brand has actually been around much longer than that – initially operating as a casino and then adding poker and bingo, before finally plunging head first into the world of sports.
Their site is well laid out and follows a similar organisation structure to many other online bookmakers, and all the normal features are there – including cash out, streaming, mobile and live betting.
But what’s perked our interest the most are their promotions. As well as a weekly free bet in their acca club and loyalty free bets on mobile, they offer acca insurance and bonuses and a range of money back specials. Big spenders should also look into their VIP cash back offer which dishes out up to £2k a week.
What We Like:
- Regular Free Bets – Place five £5 accas in a week and you’ll receive a £5 free bet. There’s also £200 in loyalty bets available each month.
- Cashback – Join the VIP program and you’ll receive cash back on net losses. Obviously we’d rather just win the bets, but certainly helps soften the blow.
Bonus Site: Vernons
Vernons have been a household name for decades, having started the football pools back in 1923 (if you’ve not heard of the pools, ask your Grandad!). Despite their long history, they’ve only recently entered into the world of online sports betting.
The new Vernons sportsbook has a lot going for it though – an easy to use website, decent live betting coverage and a great reputation. Our only criticism is that there is no welcome bonus, but this is more than made up for with the wide array of other promotions that they run.
All in all, Vernons are certainly one to watch. And whilst they may not currently match up to the titans of online betting, it’s definitely an account you’ll want to have in your betting arsenal, even if it’s only for the specials.
What We Like:
- Regular Offers – Reliable money back offers on golf, tennis, darts and snooker. Oh and football, of course.
Looking For More Online Betting Sites?
The bookmakers listed above represent our current top ten recommendations for UK punters and both the order and contents of this list change from time to time as bookies improve (or slack off).
There are, of course, more than ten places to bet online. So if you’re looking for additional recommendations, head over to our free bets page which lists introductory betting offers from a wider array of bookies.
Betting Sites Listed By Sport
In our bookmaker top 10 we list sites based on our overall opinion of them – so we look at odds, promotions, features and general usability as a whole. However, some sites will be better for particular sports and a bookie that’s excellent for football betting might be rubbish when it comes to F1.
With this in mind we’ve created a number of guides in which we provide specific recommendations of the best betting sites for various sports. These provide a more in depth look at how good a bookie is for a single sport:
About This Page
We created this page as a way of highlighting the very best of the best – the bookmakers who are not only trustworthy and reliable, but are also at the very top of their game. You might notice that a few big names are missing from the list – that isn’t by chance. In particular we don’t recommend one of the ‘big’ high street bookmakers for a variety of reasons which we wont go into here.
In addition to our seal of approval, all of the betting sites in out top 10 are licensed and regulated in the United Kingdom in compliance with the rules set down by the UK Gambling Commission – this not only adds a level of protection, security and peace of mind to you as the customer, but also means that they pay tax in the UK.
What To Do If You Have A Problem With A Recommended Bookmaker?
As well as giving them the thumbs up, we also maintain relationships with contacts at all of the betting sites listed on our website – this means that we are able to offer our assistance in the unlikely event that you run into problems with any of the bookies that we recommend. To get in touch simply head over to our contact page and we’ll do our very best to help resolve the situation.
If you’re looking for a more formal way of complaining about a bookie – whether it be relating to a bet or payout, or even about an offer you think was missleading, you do have various options including IBAS, the ASA and even the Gambling Commission themselves. For more information, see our guide here.